Sunday, September 1, 2013

Chapter 43: The Glimmer of Regret




"My Lord, I must protest!" Father Jakob exclaims, gesturing wildly with his arms in an excessive display of anger and frustration, "Scripture demands that all witches and practitioners of foul magic be executed, and you have not only spared this one, but pardoned and released him to continue practicing his black arts!"

"Are you questioning my judgment?" Reinier asks in a low, steady voice which any man would see as a warning to back down immediately and humble himself.

In his fervor, the old priest misses that warning and carries on, "It is not your place to judge on matters of Scripture!" he insists, not even softening his defiance with an obsequious 'my Lord', "It is the Watcher's will that witches be executed."

"You forget your place, priest," Reinier says, his voice grown icier as the priest's anger grows hotter, "I am the Lord here, and I decide who is executed and who is pardoned. The witch made his confession and recanted. It is done."

"But, the Watcher demands--" Father Jakob continues his protest, not recognizing the finality in his lord's tone, or even the danger his continued defiance puts himself in.

"The Watcher put out your fires with His rain," Reinier says through clenched teeth, "We all witnessed that miracle."

"The witch may have caused that rain with a spell! Or summoned a demon too make the rain!" Father Jakob persists.


"Are you suggesting, honored Father, that a witch's power could overcome the will of the Watcher even as he stood in judgment before Him?" Agneta asks in the timid tones of an inquisitive child.

The priest sighs in frustration, "Perhaps you are right, perhaps the Watcher wished us to spare the man from the flames. His confession certainly will help our cause. But releasing him and giving him leave to craft his potions and practice as a healer...that goes too far. It would be better to keep the witch imprisoned and away from the people."

"He is being watched," Reinier says, "And he knows it. If he practices any black magic, he will be imprisoned again, and face the flames."

"You say this, and yet you've given him leave to practice the healing arts."

"You do understand that I am preparing for war?" Reinier asks, wondering of the priest is truly that oblivious to all but his own interests, "A man with healing skills will be welcomed when the wounded return from battle."

"But if he uses foul magic to tend their wounds..."

"You've looked over his books yourself, the recipes for his potions and poultices come from the local flora. That can hardly be called magic," Reinier dismisses the priest's concerns with a wave of his hand.

As Father Jakob opens his mouth to protest further, Agneta steps in again, "We would be remiss to prevent a man from curing the sick or tending to the wounded," she says sweetly, "If a man with two sons gives them each a coin, and one son buries his in the ground, while the other uses his to buy a cow so that he might have milk to sell in the market, increasing his father's original coin to many coins, which son has done better by his father?"

Father Jakob pinches the bridge of his nose as he lets out a pained sigh. He was never in favor of teaching girls to read, as it only leads them to quoting the gentler Peteran passages of the Scripture and generally weakening the Faith with their womanly interpretations of Holy writ.  "Surely, that parable did not mean to include the use of witchcraft," he points out, speaking to her as he would a wayward acolyte.


"So long as he isn't making incantations or prayers to his false goddess when he brews his potions, then I say it is not witchcraft," Reinier declares, "And that is my final word on this, priest. I will not hear about this issue again."


"There's nothing wrong with him," Fransez tells his daughter, "I've examined Jean thoroughly, and there's no illness I can find."

"I'm not sick here," Jean adds, "It's father's smithy that makes me ill."

Melisenet sees the look that crosses her father's eyes and says, "I know, I had the same thought. Jean has never liked helping his father in the smithy. But he is not feigning the illness that comes over him now when he goes there. I see it for myself, he grows pale and weak the closer he is to the shop. Even at home, he is listless and barely eats. It was only as we traveled from distance from our home that he began to get his former energy back."

"This never happened before," Fransez muses, "Is there anything different about the smithy now?"

"No," Melisenet answers, "Except that it's much busier now with the war preparations, The Landgraabs want everything made from this strange blue metal they've brought with them from their homelands. Weapons, armors, even the shoes for the horses are to be made from it. Gillis has had to take on an extra apprentice and even that might not be enough, Jean is young yet, but someday this smithy will be his..."

"Perhaps there's something in the metal that affects the boy," Fransez says.

"What am I to do, then?" Melisenet asks, "Gillis cannot stop the work. The Landgraabs are the only patron we have now with the wars coming."

"I could stay where with you grandfather," Jean says with a hopeful smile.

"That might be for the best," his mother agrees, "Until the work with this metal is done..."

"It is hardly safe here," Fransez points out, "His lordship pardoned me, but I am being closely watched."

"Surely you won't be doing anything to endanger yourself or our family," Melisenet says, "Please, Father."

"Please, Grandfather, let me stay with you!" Jean chimes in, and Fransez cannot resist their entreaties.


Jennicor does not often visit Auberon in his realm, so he watches her approach with some surprise. "Winterdream," he greets her as she climbs the steps he'd formed from the rocks, all the creations of his thought, "What brings you to me?"

"These mortals who have come down from the north," Jennicor answers, "They've brought a metal with them that hampers our magic and weakens our spirit, just from proximity to it."

"The dragons have spoken of this," Auberon says, "But I had not heard of it effecting the fae in the same way. How is it that you know of it?"


"That boy you asked me to visit, his father works the metal. I have felt it's power there," Jennicor answers.

"You did not mention this before, when you reported to me what you'd learnt from the boy's dreaming," Auberon says.

"The metal was not present his house then, so I hadn't felt it until recently."

"You're saying that you've returned to visit the child?" Auberon asks, a faint accusation in his tone, "I asked only that you look into his mind the one time."


"I did as you asked, Auberon," Jennicor replies, "But I not cease to exist simply because you have no further need of me. I go where I choose, and visit whomever I will."

"Getting too close to the mortals is dangerous," Auberon warns.

"No one knows that better than you, I suppose," Jennicor replies with an enigmatic smile.


Outside, a wolf howls, and Morvyn's sleep is disturbed.


Beside him, Kelyn stirs in her sleep, turning as he rises on one to arm, to watch her in the moonlight.

"Is it morning?" she asks in breathy whisper.

"Open your eyes and see," he answers.

"It's not even dawn," she whines in complaint, "Why are you awake?"


"How could I sleep, with all this tempt me?" Morvyn answers, cupping her breast in his hand, "No matter how much of you I have, it isn't enough, and I need more." Kelyn twines her leg around his as he falls onto her breast with a voracious hunger, like a predator onto his prey, his tongue painting circles around her nipple until she groans in pleasure.



"You have all of me," she whispers, hoarse and raspy with desire as she rolls him onto his back and sits astride his thighs, "And I have all of you," she continues lowering herself slowly onto him, taking him inside her.


Morvyn had thought he'd known passion with the near endless line of lovers he'd had over the centuries, but this hunger that drives him now is like nothing he's felt before, impossible to satiate, always needing more.


She feels it too, he senses it in the way she rocks against his thighs, grinding desperately as she groans his name; she needs him the way he needs her, she hungers, as he does, to be filled.


"I've lived for tens of thousands of years before you were even born," Morvyn whispers, sighing as she rolls to his side, the sweat of their bodies slick where their skin meets, content for the moment at least, until their mutual desire flares up again,"But now that I have you, I can no longer imagine a life without you."

Kelyn smiles, playing at his lips with the tip of her fingers, "You speak like a poet," she teases, Are you certain you are not part Alfar?"

"Poetry? I just speak what I feel," Morvyn says, laughing along with her, "Maybe you are too accustomed to lovers who whisper verse in your ear."

"I lived among the Alfar for a long time, 'tis true," she says, "But I never did acquire their taste for poetry and song. Nor have I had quite as many lovers as you have, my old dragon. The mortals also have a taste for verse; perhaps you learned it from the lips of one of your lovers."



"All my lovers may as well have never existed, Kelyn. I mean that," Morvyn says, serious now, done with play, "I am yours, and there will never be another."

"And I am yours," Kelyn answers, matching the gravity of his tone with her own. Some shadow passes over his eyes, and his lips twitch, just enough that she'd notice it. "What is it, old dragon?" she asks, "You know better than to hold anything back from me. Tell what you are thinking."

"I'm thinking that I love you," Morvyn answers, "And I'm thinking about what it will mean, to be your First. Talfryn was like a nest brother to me, though we did not share a mate, our bond was that deep. And Ametair as well, though he isn't entirely a dragon, and I am no wolf, he calls me pack brother."

Kelyn bites her lips nervously, "Are you saying you want me to take the wolf as my Second?" she asks.

Morvyn shakes his head, smiling at that, "No, not at all. I'm saying...I prefer having brothers who don't share my mate. I don't want to be your First, Kelyn, if that means having a Second and Third and so on."

"I spent centuries avoiding taking even one mate," Kelyn answers, "And if I hadn't found you, I may have happily remained unmated forever. I'm not sure you could find a Second for me that I would accept. You are much more than a First, my old dragon, you are my all."

He squeezes her buttocks, a smile playing on his lips, "Then I suppose I won't waste my time looking for one," he says, sighing just a little, in relief, "There is something else," he adds, "Talfryn was my brother, we were a nest unto ourselves. Evenfall carries his child, and I must help her raise their daughter, for his sake. She is as much my nest as Talfryn was."

"Our nest," Kelyn corrects him, "Of course we'll care for your brother's child. And get vengeance for her."



"Agreed. The dragonslayer must die," Morvyn growls, the rage against his brother's killer always boiling beneath the cool surface of his demeanor.

"He dies," Kelyn  says, rising to straddle atop him again, kissing him lustily, "But not tonight."




As she had wanted, Sterren's wedding is a small family affair, and her happiness is not marred in the lightest by the absence of her aunt, who, according to her uncle, was prevented from attending due to a sudden headache, though it was obvious from him abashed blushes as his made his wife's excuses that Gwencalon's reasons for not being here had more to do with her displeasure at seeing one of her husband's family marry so low.


Though she had to invite her aunt along with her uncle, Sterren was more relieved by her absence than anything else. This day is for her and Taran alone, and for Elara and the child Sterren carries inside her, and the children she might yet bear in the future, her family, and the happiness they will share together, for as long as life lasts them.


She may never see Gothenburg again, Agneta realizes suddenly, gazing at herself dressed in the fashion of this place, her new home in the Southern countries, the sleeves tight around her arms, the skirt flowing straight in a long line. Her sister had gone away to be wed and had never returned, for that is the way of marriage.

Lady Juelina and Lady Felicia giggle and exclaim at how well the colors suit her, and how lovely a bride she will be, but their words ring hollow. They would say the same even if she were ugly. These women are not truly her friends, though she may have to spend the rest of her life in their company. She is to be married in just a few days; her mother should be here helping her choose her dress and styling her hair, not these strangers, the wives of her betrothed's men and the maid who's attended his brother's widow before she was sent off to the convent.


The glimmer of regret fades when Reinier himself appears in her mirror.

"The colors suit you," he says, the words the same as spoken by her companions, but unlike them, his appraisal is sincere. She may not be having the wedding he'd want, but the husband her father brokered for her, the man she will live with for the rest of her life, he makes up for it all.


"My lord," she stammers, and Reinier notices how she folds arms protectively over herself, "Is it the custom here to take such liberties, coming into a lady's dressing room?"



Emboldened by her smile, which belies the pleasure in his attention, despite her modest protests, Reinier takes her hands in his. "Is this your wedding dress?" he asks her.

She nods, blushing, "I thought that if I am to be the Lady here, I should adopt the local fashion."

"It looks well on you," Reinier says.


"We are all well pleased with you choice of bride, my Lord," Lady Felicia cuts in, "Lady Edelina was near overwrought at the thought of you marrying that Avendale girl."


"I heard her uncle ended up marrying her off to a peasant," Lady Juelina adds, "My maid has a cousin who attends Lady Gwencalon of Avendale, and she says the lady is furious with Lord Marrec. But he had little choice, his niece is with child, and a peasant marriage was the best he could do for her."

Agneta knows the difference between idle gossip and a pointed barb, and the scowl on her betrothed's face tells her the ladies' jabs have struck him deeply.



"Do you have nothing better to concern yourselves with than the gossip spread by ladies' maids?" Reinier asks, turning his anger on the women, "Begone, all of you. I would have a word with my betrothed."


"Avendale...that is the name of one of your enemies, is it not?" Agneta asks him once they are alone,

Reinier nods, "Marrec of Avendale was the first to make alliance with the Penguilly family against me."

"And that is why you aren't marrying his niece, instead of me?" she asks, her lower lip trembling slightly.

"Marrec had sought my hand for his niece, but it was never truly a possibility," Reinier says. And it's true, as much as he had wanted it, had tried to make it happen, he'd finally come to accept that Sterren never meant to marry him at all.


Agneta catches the hint of regret in his tone, and the meaning behind the words he doesn't say. "She was your lover," she says, turning away from him, "But you could not marry her. Because of your father, perhaps?" she guesses, "Because you are being made to marry me."

"No more than you are being made to marry me, Agneta," Reinier says truthfully, "We are both of noble houses, and you know how these things are done."

"I know it well, and I came here with my father with no expectations. But, you've been so kind to me, so attentive, I had come to hope..." she draws in deep breath and exhales a piteous sob, "I am not so naive as you must think, I know how it is with men, husbands. I do not, cannot, expect that I will the only woman in your bed. But hearing this gossip about one of your lovers before we are even married..."


"Agneta, I am above everything else, a man of my word. I don't make vows just to break them. You can, and must expect that from the moment of our betrothal, I have been yours," Reinier says, turning her so that he might caress her cheek.

"How can that be true?" Agneta asks him, "Are you so inconstant that you could love this woman and then completely banish her from your heart?"

"Despite the gossip those ladies were spreading, I know Sterren of Avendale, and her uncle could not marry her off so easily to any man. If she married at all, it would be to the man who won her heart. That man is not, and never was me." It's a painful admission to make to his bride, but he owes her that truth.

"She broke your heart," Agneta whispers, realizing the full truth of what he's telling her.


Taking her face in his hands, Reinier presses his lips to hers, softly. Agneta's arms fall limp to her side, not knowing what to do, even as her lips parts beneath his and their tongues meet for the first time in a gentle dance.


Her hands finally find their use, pressing against his chest, pushing away as her lips bids his a reluctantly  farewell. "We are not yet married, my Lord," she whispers, her face glowing with a pink blush.

"You've never been kissed before," Reinier whispers.

"Certainly not," she answers, giggling slightly.

"You seemed to like it," he presses, making her blush deepen.



"I am...well content, my Lord," she sighs, throwing herself against him in a unseemly, but very warm embrace.

"Call me by my name, when we are alone," he murmurs, cradling her head against his chest, "I'm going to be your husband, after all."

"Reinier," she says, taking delight in each syllable, "My husband." 

The child Sterren is rumored to be carrying was kept out of their conversation, too delicate a topic for Agneta to mention, but it remains foremost in his thoughts. If it's true, he thinks, if she's taken his child from him as well as his heart, and given them to another man...what can he do about? Making any public claim on the child would infuriate his father and jeopardize their alliance with the Goths. Certainly, Reinbolt Goth would not be pleased to hear about any potential bastards competing with the children Agneta has yet to bear him. What Sterren has done, marrying a man apparently willing to raise the child, is for best, he tells himself, trying to reconcile himself to his loss,

27 comments:

  1. Well, well, well---you go Agneta! What a clever way to use her words, and in such a *humble* fashion too. Whether or not she really is humble, or just pretending, I guess I'll find out later! Father Jakob is rather fool hardy--pressing Reinier like he did.

    And I must have missed something somewhere--or forgotten something---Jean has fae blood in him??

    Jennicor is so pretty! Ha ha, I like how she so nicely puts Auberon in his place. A takes one to know one type of comment, lol

    Kelyn and Morvyn are so sweet together. I love how he broaches the subject of them being an exclusive item, neither wants to share, lol If he is helping raise Talfryn's daughter, and his heart is set on revenge too, then no wonder the poor girl turned out so vengeful. Not only does she have her own feelings to deal with, but then the ones that help raise her will add to that.

    Sterren's wedding was lovely, and a much simpler affair than if she had married Reinier.

    That last scene, hmmm. There is lots to think about there! Agneta is a very pretty bride, and now she knows what she is up against. While Reinier might have accepted some truths, I don't think he's quite over Sterren yet, because he was not the one to end it. Though Kudos to him for trying with his new bride to be.

    He's still trying to talk himself into things, and he is aware that Sterren's child just might be his. That whole thought of if Sterren took his heart and his child and given them to another man---I bet he feels a wee bit violent about it---even as his rational side says there isn't much he can do about it. I wonder what the lighted match will be, that changes his mind?

    Uh oh---another long comment. Sorry! I look forward to the next chapter!! =) I know one of these chapters there are going to be lots of babies!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like Agneta a little more every time I write her. I don;'t think she's really humble, she just knows how to use that false humility and deference to get what she wants. If she could even imagine a world where women could be heard any other way, she'd probably prefer that, but for now, tis all she knows how to do. And yeah, that priest has more balls than sense going after Reinier like that.

      Jean doesn't have any fae blood in him, but when Jennicor visited his dream that one time, she gifted him with some fairy dust. That magic has become part of him and is reacting to the metal. He wouldn't be as sensitive to it as the fae are, but at home he's surrounded by it since his father has so much of it around that he has to smith for the Landgraabs,

      I adore Kelyn and Morvyn, myself. And, yes, very much, Evie and Talfryn's daughter will be influenced by the role they play in raising her.

      Sterren wouldn't have wanted the kind of wedding Reinier would have given her, that's for sure. What she and Taran had was perfect for them, just their immediate family.

      Yeah, Reinier is nowhere near over Sterren yet, and Agneta now knows more about him and his recent past. He is trying to deal with Sterren's marriage and pregnancy rationally, because he has to at the moment. But he won't be able to cage his feelings forever.

      LOL, yes, sooner or later all these pregnancies will bear fruit. So many babies. =D

      Delete
  2. But he DOESN"T reconcile himself to his loss, ever, does he?

    I think I like Jennicor. I don't know why, but I do. I think she's a little troublemaker... but hopefully trouble on the right side.

    Morvyn <3 Those two are making a new path for themselves. I wonder where it will lead them.

    Reinier. I love to hate him and hate to love him. To be fair, most of the time he thinks he's doing the right thing. I laughed a little at Agneta's reasoning with the priest. That priest really pissed me off with his thoughts that women shouldn't read.

    and we see more and more of that nasty blue metal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reinier really does try, but, yeah, he never really does reconcile himself to losing Sterren and their child.

      Jennicor is a bit of a troublemaker, but not the evil conniving kind. And not even the crazy selfish kind, like Tania, lol. She is eventually going to have a very large role in this story. I'm glad you like her.

      I love Morvyn, too, and the way he;s and Kelyn take their own path.

      I feel you on Reinier. He's one of my favorite characters, though I hate a lot of what he does, or will do. But he's not evil-minded, as you said, he believes he's doing the right thing.
      And that priest, yeah, ugh. It was fun having Agneta smack him down by quoting scripture at him.

      There is a lot more of the blue metal around now with Reinier having so much of it brought it.

      Delete
  3. So I can't hate Reinier. Agneta and him are turning to be a very interesting couple. She is clever, but not overly shrewd (at least as of yet) and that, in a Medieval setting, makes for a really strong woman ("modern" even), and I like that.

    And I think I've said this before but... I simply love Morvyn and Kelyn, they're so sweet and sexy... (great love scene, btw).

    Congrats to the newlyweds Sterren and Taran! Lovely wedding! It's good her aunt was too snob to make her appearance there; she would have spoilt the ceremony, anyway...

    As for the blue metal... ummm, I have a bad feeling about that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Marsar!
      Reinier and Agneta are an interesting match. It's too bad for him that his feeling for Sterren stand in the way for him, because if he hadn't met her, he might have ended up really falling for Agneta. But, he is going to try to move on with his wife at least.
      Agneta does want to have some say in her life, and does what she can as a woman living in a restrictive society.

      Morvyn and Kelyn are the popular couple right now. I love them too.

      I agree, the snobby aunt would have just spoiled Sterren's lovely private wedding. Sterren andTaran had their day just as they wanted it, with only their loving family around them.

      Yes, the blue metal is a problem for the fairies and dragons...

      Delete
  4. :/ Poor Reinier, having to think about Sterren and what he had to give up to rule the land. Hehe, Morvyn and Kelyn are awesome. It is curious the blue metal affects Jean too... O_O

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Reinier does very much have his own regrets here about what he's lost.
      Morvyn and Kelyn are a great couple, they really do belong together.

      When Jennicor visied Jean in hi dream, she gifted him some fairy dust, and that magic is part of him now, so it reacts to the blue metal.

      Delete
  5. Well done :). Everything here has been napsáno.Nádherné reading, beautiful photos. Excellent.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like Agneta more every time I see her.

    As everyone else, Morvyn and Kelyn are just the sweetest couple.

    Winterdream is very intriguing. I'm interested to see more of her. And I always love when Auberon makes an appearance :)

    Thanks for posting!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks.
      I really like Agneta more and more, too. I'm glad she's shaping herself into a stronger character than I had intended.

      <3 Morvyn nd Kelyn. =D I'm happy everyone likes them.

      There is definitely going to be a lot more of Jennicor Winterdream in the future. And Auberon. =D
      Thanks for reading!

      Delete
  7. Ok, so for whatever reason, I didn't comment on this last night :| I swear I did... Oh well! Maybe I dreamt it. It is summer... :p

    I really kinda love Agneta. I know she's bad news, but she's such a breath of fresh air compared to how most women were in those days of that class. She's got a good head on her shoulders, it's just a shame she's on the wrong side!

    Ok, so I'm gathering Jean has some kind of supe blood in him which is affected by the mysterious blue metal? I wonder where that came from?

    Aw, Morvyn and Kelyn :) I love how they're breaking conventions by having a monogomous relationship. I guess most of the odd nest they live in have done the same, but that's because most of the dragons have taken fairies and the fairies don't work the same.

    Sterrens wedding was just what she wanted! And her aunt didn't even come! woo! :p Glad they can start their lives together now.

    That last scene with Reinier and the rumours... Will he really be able to just ignore the fact that Sterren is most likely carrying his child? I don't think so. I know he means that now, but I get the feeling that will change at some point. Let's wait and see... (I think Agneta took that news well!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I dreamt I was walking through an old abandoned house last night. It was just room after room, and whenever I thought there couldn't possibly be any more rooms, there was another room.

      Anyway, yeah, I love Agneta, too. And even if she is on the wrong side, she tends to want to steer her side to being more decent than they might have been. So, it's good she's there.

      Jean was given fairy dust by Jennicor that time when she visited his dream, The magic from that is what is reacting to the metal. I'll get more into that later, I think.

      Morvyn probably was very influenced by his unusual upbringing, It would be hard to go from that to a traditional nest, I think.

      Sterren definitely didn't want some huge wedding or lots of attention. For her and Taran, it was just about their family. Snobby aunt not included, lol.

      Yeah, Idon't think Reinier can really ignore or forget that Sterren is likely having his baby. He does know that he can't do anything about it, not even acknowledge the child, because the alliance with Agneta's family. So, he will try to forget about it, but it will likely continue to haunt him and cast a shadow over his marriage.
      Agneta did take that well, but she did know she doesn't have much choice. She can't get out of the marriage after all, and she knws she could have gotten a far worse deal than Reinier, so she's going to make it work for her.

      Delete
  8. Father Jakob is a pretty stubborn guy heh, also I always enjoy seeing the Yoda of this story!

    As for Reinier I've always said that he just does what he does and feels as what he does is right. It'll be interesting about the baby though, I wonder if Agneta's curiosity about it could bring out the truth one day. Speaking of Sterren, that was such a humble wedding!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Father Jakob can by downright fanatical, yeah. +D I still smile when you call Auberon Yoda.

      Reinier does generally believe that what he does is right. I'm not sure Agneta would really be curious about this baby, her main concern would be making sure her own children are the legitimate heirs of Reinier's estate.
      Sterren did have a humble wedding, exactly as she wanted.

      Delete
  9. Still can't decide if I feel extremely bad for Agneta or if I hate her, lol.

    Those are the best characters.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Becky!
      It's hard to sympathize with Agneta's opinions, but I do sympathize with her position. She's led a sheltered life and only knows what he's been taught. I'm looking forward to seeing how her character develops as she matures and sees and experiences more of life. I had really intended for her to be this background character, but she's demanded more than that, so I'm thinking she has some inner strength she wants to express.

      I'd actually love for her to meet Sterren or a woman like her, that might open her eyes a little. But, I don't really see that happening, so she's on her own.

      Delete
  10. I like Agneta; whilst I don't agree with a lot of her opinions, she's an intelligent woman who's making the most of her circumstances and she does seem quite a "nice" person in many ways.

    I love Jennicor, I think she's going to be a lot of fun if she sticks around this story and it was good to see the way she interacted with Auberon as well. Would you put her up for download at some point?

    I'm glad Sterren had such a nice quiet wedding and her aunt cried off, I just hope she and Taran get to have some happy times together before Reinier unleashes his war.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I feel the same about Agneta, and I'm looking forward to seeing her character grow as the story progresses.

      Jennicor is going to be around quite a lot in the future, as wil little Jean when he grows older. I'm setting up his story while doing the current storyline. Originally he wasn't going to be involved at all, I wasn't going to write him until he was an adult. But I'm really happy I started him in childhood and tied him into this larger story, so it's all connected.
      I've uploaded Jennicor for you, on my Simblr:
      http://caterpillarsims.tumblr.com/post/60310315055/jennicor-winterdream-another-requested-sim-a

      Sterren did have the perfect wedding for her. And there will be some happy, quiet times for her and Taran for awhile, anyway. =D

      Delete
    2. Thanks, I think she may make a cameo appearance in my legacy at some point if you have no objections... :)

      Delete
    3. You're welcome. And no problem, I look forward to seeing her if you do use her. =D

      Delete
  11. Dazzling.... Amazing... As always, each word, each phrase, each telling of each story has me captivated, as Morvyn to Kelyn.

    The colours in your mirror were beautiful. Agneta's hair was gorgeous. I even felt a very brief pity for Reinier, but that passed in like an eighth of a second. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw, thanks so much, Zhip!
      I think the mirror was ne of the default presets for the SN magic mirror. It is pretty. The hair is also EA, I think from IP. It look great on Agneta, though I love her braids as well.

      LOL, well at least you pitied him for an eighth of a second. It is true, Reinier put himself in this position.

      Delete
  12. Oh shut up father Jakob! There, I said it. There's nothing that makes me so mad than people who make judgements about people/situations they know nothing about out of fear. Ugh. He should just go away, and accept Reinier's decision to spare Fransez' life.

    I wonder what is in the store that's making Jean sick and since whatever it is is also messing with the Faes magic I'm assuming Jean is part Fae too, or he has some form magic in him?

    I'm glad Sterren's and Taran's wedding went off without any problems. I understand Sterren's relief at her aunt's absence, if she can't bring herself to be happy for Sterren no use in her being there in the first place.

    I didn't think I'd feel bad for Reiner, but that last shot, just broke my heart. I hope it's a loss he can truly reconcile himself with. But a part of me doubts it though, he may have been able to let go of Sterren, but I don't think he'd do it so easily for his own flesh and blood. Regardless of what happens next, I'm glad both he and Agnetta know the truth about the baby and the marriage, and that he doesn't plan to go after Sterren and cause any problems.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, Father Jakob is an ass, and he won't shut up. He thinks he's right about everything.
      Jean got some fairy dust from Jennicor went she went to visit him in his dreams, and that is making him react to the blue metal that weakens fairy magic. He's definitely a special little boy. I will be spending more time with him in coming chapters.
      Sterren had a lovely wedding, without her snobby aunt around to judge and turn her nose up.
      Reinier is having a hard time. In his head, he knows he needs to move on and let go of Sterren. But his heart is not cooperating. And now that he knows she's carrying his child, it's even harder for him. At least he does know better than to try to pursue her at this point, so while he's still obsessing over her, he's leaving her alone.

      Delete
  13. Hmmm, I worry fro Sterren. Reinier is not over her, you can tell by the way he was telling Agneta. I'm hoping he will truly let her go and be happy though.

    Morvyn and Kelyn are perfect together, they really are=),.

    I kinda like Agneta. I don't know if she is as innocent as she pretends to be though. She is very wise with her words and can seem to at least talk a little sense into Reinier...edenz~

    ReplyDelete